Replacing dash speakers on 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Replacing dash speakers on 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 02-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
Ant811

Replacing dash speakers on 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo?

I just got a 2001 Grand Cherokee and the dash speakers need to be replaced. I'm not too familiar with audio equipment so can someone explain what type of speakers I should be looking for? I'd like to get a nice pair of JBL's, but I'm not sure which size to buy...

Ant811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
JayIV
2004 WJ 

Infinity Reference 3.5'' speakers. With a little modification of the dash they fit perfect. The improvement in sound is well worth the reservations you may have about modifying the dash.
Unread 02-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Ant811

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayIV View Post
Infinity Reference 3.5'' speakers. With a little modification of the dash they fit perfect. The improvement in sound is well worth the reservations you may have about modifying the dash.
Would these work? http://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO18T-1-I...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Last edited by Ant811; 02-02-2014 at 07:39 PM..
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
JayIV
2004 WJ 

I suggested Infinity because the impedance of their speakers match that of the factory system (Also made by Infinity). The impedance is 2 Ohms.

I'm not just a fan of Infinity, I think they're the best choice for the Jeeps.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Refer...+reference+3.5
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Ant811

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayIV View Post
I suggested Infinity because the impedance of their speakers match that of the factory system (Also made by Infinity). The impedance is 2 Ohms.

I'm not just a fan of Infinity, I think they're the best choice for the Jeeps.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Refer...+reference+3.5
Thanks! Which Infinity speakers would you recommend for the front and rear?
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
JayIV
2004 WJ 

No problem.

I've run Infinity Reference and Infinity Kappa in the WJ before. I much prefer the Kappa line. 6x9 for the front and 6.5 for the rear. For simplicity, I would go with a 2 or 3 way coaxial speaker for the front and rear. In the front, only the woofer portion of the speaker will work as the signal is split at the amplifier. It sends high signals to the dash tweeters and low signals to the door speakers.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.