Removal of radio - 2005 Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Removal of radio - 2005 Liberty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
Mark1968

Removal of radio - 2005 Liberty

Hey guys: How do I remove the radio/CD changer in 2005 Liberty? I haven't attempted it yet, but I assume the trim is pulled off, but then what do I expect to see? Will I need a special tool to release the radio? Gone are the days of removing a couple of screws! mark

Mark1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
SirGCal

No, just remove a few screws, and possibly a 10mm nut behind the unit. Not much to it.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Gone are the days of screws....that hold your dash together but the radio is still held in with screws. I'll see if I have a dash bracket at work that tells what you need to remove and how. Almost all the new cars and trucks have trim that is held on with clips. Chevy uses like 11 or 13 of them for a 1 foot square trim piece and they hold like gators. Just be careful pulling the trim off.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.