rear light wire loom Fubar need help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-24-2009, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

rear light wire loom Fubar need help

i have been melting tail guage fuse.

so i ripped out the hitch wires that the PO put in and am trying to figure out how to get back to stock.

here is some pics of the rear light wires

notice both the blue and black wires are spliced to feed three wires. is that how is should be? they were wrapped in duct tape so i ripped that crap off.

also handful of the bulbs had significant rust in them so i am cleaning them out and changing the bulbs

how can i straigten this mess out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-24-2009, 09:37 PM
SirGCal
RIP

Is that for your brake/tail/turn bulb? if so, there should be three wires. One for tail light power, one for turn/brake power, one ground. I don't have an XJ FSM thought to know what wires are for what.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-24-2009, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

well the three blue wires go the the side tail light the tail light and the brake light. the black wires go to each ground. i just cant imagine it coming from factory like that.

i have a voltmeter. what should i be testing and where.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Does the other tail light wire harness look the same, or is it still stock ? Make the boogered up one look like the stock one.

Chilton's and Haynes manuals are good for oil changes and brake jobs, but if you are going to repair snd maintain your Jeep properly you really need to invest in a Factory Service Manual (FSM). The FSM has trouble shooting ladder charts and wire diagrams. It shows pictures and gives step by step instructions about removing, repairing, adjusting, installing and maintaining every part and system in your Jeep. The time and frustration saved by consulting the FSM will repay the purchase price the first time you use it.

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.