Reaching Wire For Open Door Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Reaching Wire For Open Door Lights

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
dirtysailor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Reaching Wire For Open Door Lights

This weekend I picked up 2 strips of red led lights to place on the inside of my doors to my 06 TJ. I'm attempting to wire it to that button that turns the lights on when the door opens (that way when I open the doors at night vehicles behind see it, sort of like a school bus stop sign). Can anyone advise on the best way to reach the wires to that little button so I can splice the LED wires in? This is my first electrical job I'm doing and would appreciate any advice I can get.

dirtysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
chopstix333
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I did something similar in my '98 Wrangler. I actually have 6 strips spliced to my dome lights, so when I open up the doors, they light up. At first, I wanted to splice the wires (like you said) at the button where the door closes on, but instead I spliced it to the wire that led to my dome light on the roll bar. To be exact, there should be a bundle of wires on the roll bar that leads from the back of the driver's seat to the top of the roll bar where the dome light is. Well, at least for my TJ it is. Find the right wire and splice it together! Took about 15 minutes to wire up. Very easy and clean install!
'98 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L | 4" Pro Comp Lift | 33x12.5x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers | Two 10" Polk Audio Subwoofers | 2 Amps (800w Eclipse and Alpine MRP-1000 Mono) | Kenwood Head Unit | Ham Radio w/ Comet SBB-7 Antenna (Call Sign: KK4BUE) |CB Radio | Hella Vision Plus Conversion with 50w 6k HID bulbs | Lotta Lights |
chopstix333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
dirtysailor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks, I'll take a look, I'm working on it today so hopefully all goes well
dirtysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just wire them to the courtesy lights under the driver and passenger footwells.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Profit42

the dome light wires are the orange and yellow wires in that loom on the driver's side roll bar. The speaker wires are the two brown and two blue (you'll see them).
Profit42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical , first jeep , LED lights , lights , wire identification

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.