RB1 & Sirius - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > RB1 & Sirius

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
cadyman

RB1 & Sirius

Guys,

Brand new to this forum and glad to be here. I just bought an 06 Liberty w/ the RB1 Nav unit factory installed. I was disheartened to find out yesterday that the car does not have Sirius hardware preinstalled. I asked the Stealer how much to add the unit and he almost blew me away with a $959 cost. I looked up a couple of ebay items and they seem to range anywhere from $125.00 up to $525.00. What is the difference (if any) in these units? Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

cadyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Ronnie4283
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So the dealer kit is set up to intergrate with the RB1. It uses control already on the head unit to control the Sat radio directly. The other items from ebay are likely the fit all styles that uses a fm modulator to send the signal to the radio through the antennae wire. So i guess the main issue is sound quality and intergration.
Unread 05-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
cadyman

TJ,

Thanks for the quick response. All of the ebay auctions claim to be Mopar units, in fact, they list part numbers (82207565,82206488AB 82207565, etc.). I have the 6 CD changer in the rear if that makes any dirrence.

Scott
Unread 05-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Ronnie4283
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So if those are Mopar kits then you should be able to go to your dealer to verify that they'd work how you want them to. Or do a lil searchin on here. I think there was a dealer website, Wycoff maybe, that has quite a bit of info. I know I used it to figure out which iPod kit I needed for my RB1.
Unread 05-10-2008, 05:53 AM   #5
cadyman

Thanks TJ, I will search the forum for the guy you mentioned.
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just remember if you want to get text info for Sirius on the RB1 screen, you'll need either the CD changer installation kit and special title/artist cable (my setup) or I've heard in the past that a certain cable that came with some non-CD changer Sirius kits also passes title/artist info, but I couldn't find this much cheaper than the full kit so I just got that for future expansion.

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #7
cadyman

Commodore,

Thanks for the info. You're a fellow Forsythian? I live in the north part of the county off of 369.

Scott
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yup, I'm down near 141 and 400. I assume you got that outrageous price from Troncalli? I haven't been there since I moved up here but if that's the kind of price they charge for stuff, I'll stay away... I just know they didn't want to replace my windshield at any cost.

If you haven't compiled a list of part numbers yet, here's what you'll probably need:

82206488 tuner and antenna (got this from a WJ website but I think it's universal, my Wrangler came with Sirius so I'm not sure exactly)

82207564 Installation Kit I, Sirius and CD changer (I use this one so that if I want to add a changer later I can without getting behind the dash again, it's a massive pain in the *** in Wranglers)
OR
82206489 Installation Kit II, no CD changer (I have heard that this kit will display title/artist info, but have no first-hand proof)

82208322 Sirius Title/Artist cable (only needed if you go with Installation Kit I, works for me)

If you're handy with wires, I believe you can also just populate an extra pin on both ends of the cable that comes with the Sirius tuner, but I'm not, and I also just wanted the future expandability. I have also heard that the ipod kit may pass along title/artist info, but I'm not sure if you'd still need to get the title/artist cable with that or what.

I bought the installation kit and title/artist cable from radiosandmore.com, their prices were pretty cheap. There might be random good deals on ebay but I hate waiting for an auction to end possibly getting outbid, so I rarely use it. Any more questions, just ask!

Unread 05-13-2008, 06:01 AM   #9
cadyman

Thanks Commodore! Yes, I did go to Troncolli...what a rip. I took it to them for a blower motor recall. I also asked for a Jeep maintenance history since I just bought the car used and they said that due to privacy concerns that they could not furnish me one.

I will check out the info you gave me and see if I can put a package together. The car is for my wife and she really wants Sirius when she travels back and forth to Atlanta.

Scott
Unread 05-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah if you haven't had Sirius before, you won't know how to live without it after you get used to it I haven't listened to AM/FM for anything other than a Braves game since I got it!

Unread 05-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
cadyman

Commodore,

I have XM in both my 05 Cadillac CTS and my 02 Corvette coupe. The wife likes Sirius since we rented a car out of town once and she heard "Hair Nation". See you on 400

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.