RB1 Navigation Disc - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > RB1 Navigation Disc

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
greta
2004 WJ 

RB1 Navigation Disc

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew where someone could find an new or relatively new RB1 navigation disc without going through the dealer.

The dealer wants 210 USD. I think that is just silly. I have version AD and now they are on AJ lol!

If anyone knows a place to get one cheaper or anyone wants to sell me a newer one please let me know.

Also, does anyone know if i will have any problems skipping from version AD to AJ or AI???

thanks!

2004 WJ GC (current)
2006 WK GC (current) 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII
greta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
gqmdl0617
2000 WJ 

bumpedy bump. I too would like the latest disc... preferrably with the hack to allow you to enter an address while driving
gqmdl0617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
gqmdl0617
2000 WJ 

Contact a member named WJChris. Tell him you need a disc, and send him $20 via paypal. He will hook you up with the latest version, which also has the hack to allow you to enter an address while in motion.
gqmdl0617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
greta
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmdl0617 View Post
Contact a member named WJChris. Tell him you need a disc, and send him $20 via paypal. He will hook you up with the latest version, which also has the hack to allow you to enter an address while in motion.
woah! thanks!! you are the man!!
2004 WJ GC (current)
2006 WK GC (current) 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII
greta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
gallego64

Hi! I'm new to this forum. How can I contact 'WJChris' to get an updated Mopar Navigation Disk for my RB1 unit?
gallego64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
WJChris
Four Badges

1999 WJ 

AL version (2013) is out!
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #7
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Is there a list in order of when they came out? Also is the 2014 out?

Thanks!
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
Indy

Buy an android phone for $10. The rb nav sucks, its outdated my a year the moment it comes out. Google maps is updated regularly for free. I used my rb maybe 5 times just to see something on that massive screen besides the station number. Unless i was on roads that had been around for 50 years it was just a dot moving through not on map space.
Unread 07-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Buy an android phone for $10. The rb nav sucks, its outdated my a year the moment it comes out. Google maps is updated regularly for free. I used my rb maybe 5 times just to see something on that massive screen besides the station number. Unless i was on roads that had been around for 50 years it was just a dot moving through not on map space.
I own an HTC One M8 and have used Android since 2008. I don't like having things that are not complete or having to hang things from my window.

The simple fact that Google maps needs a data connection to work is why I installed the RB1, since I go off the beaten path often.
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Unread 07-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer View Post
I own an HTC One M8 and have used Android since 2008. I don't like having things that are not complete or having to hang things from my window.

The simple fact that Google maps needs a data connection to work is why I installed the RB1, since I go off the beaten path often.
I honestly don't think I've used it where there wasn't a connection so you may be right. I know some of the stretches I drive has dead spots and it hasn't interfered with gps, just my music not steaming periodically. I'll have to give it a shot the next time I know I'm in no mans land. I've always used dedicated gps's when I'm hunting, google maps when I'm trying to find an address. The RB I had in my GC was so poor on pavement I never tried it anywhere else.

Actually, I have an hold phone at home with no service. I'll fire it up and see if it works.
Unread 07-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #11
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post

I honestly don't think I've used it where there wasn't a connection so you may be right. I know some of the stretches I drive has dead spots and it hasn't interfered with gps, just my music not steaming periodically. I'll have to give it a shot the next time I know I'm in no mans land. I've always used dedicated gps's when I'm hunting, google maps when I'm trying to find an address. The RB I had in my GC was so poor on pavement I never tried it anywhere else.

Actually, I have an hold phone at home with no service. I'll fire it up and see if it works.
I tried my RB1 last night with a 2006 disk and it worked pretty good.

Unread 07-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #12
Indy

^my house at the time I ran the GC, entire subdivision was built in the 60's. Not on the rb1 maps. If I was in the middle of town it worked ok, everywhere else was in breadcrumbs. I did try it on 1 location in Ft. Collins and it took me to the middle of nothing and couldn't find the address. So I gave up on it, swapped it out for an actual dvd player. No reason to have a screen that doesn't do anything imo.

Found out my phone can run gps in airplane mode, so no cell signal. Phone found me on gps in about a second. You just have to have the actual map for your area on the phone before you go out of signal. I *think* yo ucan pre-cache an area before you're in it. Then went online and found

"When you have a chance, get CoPilot from Google Market, Then use a Wireless connecion and download all the maps you will need (it's free) and you will be able to use your GPS without any data plan being downloaded. I have used it with an inactive sim card (no data or voice plan) and it works just fine! I also use Talkatone and Bobsled. Both are Wireless calling plans that do not need any data connections to work. You can call anywhere FREE!
Good Luck ! and... Happy Holidays !
Aloha From Hawaii!"

on another forum. Downloading it now to try it as a straight gps. It will be a while before I can try it in the mountains, no trips planned right now.
Unread 07-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #13
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

I tried Back Country Navigator, and it has been pretty dang useless, I'll try CoPilot and see how it does. I'll be in the hills of George town and Idaho Springs this weekend so I'll see.

Unread 07-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #14
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Wow, CoPilot is a dang good app! I would have gladly paid $12 for it over the worthless Back country one I bought.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.