Radio speaker "buzz" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Radio speaker "buzz"

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 08-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
thinkwoods
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Radio speaker "buzz"

For the audio experts out there, I notice a buzzing or vibration from at least two of my factory speakers. Is that more likely a speaker going bad, or maybe a loose mounting causing the noise? Grounding issue?

Thanks...

4.0L I6, 5 Speed, D30/D35, 3:73
thinkwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Probably a loose mounting screw but it could easily be the speaker going bad too. Definitely not a grounding issue, and moving this to the audio section!

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
SirGCal

I agree, could be any of the above... just time to do some investigations.. Could also be something in/on the bar/pods that are causing the noise and not something directly with the speakers... Just blast it in a remote parking lot and start trying to track it down...

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.