Radio Shack TRC-442 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Radio Shack TRC-442

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 01-28-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
FlyersFan2009

Radio Shack TRC-442

Okay, I missed an opportunity to bid on this Radio Shack TRC-442 radio on Ebay. I know many will say just buy a Uniden or another Radio Shack CB, but I have to find one of these.

It's called the sports radio and is yellow and black and looks rugged. If I simply can't find one I'll deal with it and buy something else.

I called 2 Radio Shacks and they do not show it in their catalog any longer.

Does anyone know where I might find one? Do you know of any other manufacturer's that make something that looks like this?

FlyersFan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
strangermo

Trc442

hi
i wanted to ask you did find any luck getting one of those CB

Thank you
strangermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
CrutchfieldMark
2004 WJ 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RADIO-SHACK-...item27c18f9eac

[URL="www.crutchfield.com/I-rJP1c111/vehicles/Jeep-Car-Stereos-and-Speakers.html"]Crutchfield Fit Guide for Jeeps[/URL]
CrutchfieldMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
kb2seo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I can"t help you with that radio- But I am a Ham and been involved with CB and Ham radio a LONG time. If you don't use Single sideband, one darn rugged radio that will take all the crap you can throw at it is the Cobra 29. Its final transistor (what puts out the signal) is very robust. It will tolerate a pretty badly mistuned Antenna. I installed one on my Brothers 18 wheeler 18 years ago- still running great! If you want something that will grow with you, has great signal too- Look for a emperor TS 5010. Mine was purchased for me as a gift in 1994 was in 2 beach nuggoes and now is my stations propagation beacon- what's that? a radio the transmits a Morse code signal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Non stop at 15 watts. they are easy to modify for the CB band. and you can count on at least 20 watts AM Email me if i can be of any help to ya! ...Drewski
kb2seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
mylt1

HOLY CRAP, revival of a 7 1/2 year old thread.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
CrutchfieldMark
2004 WJ 

LOL, I'll admit I didn't even look at that date!

[URL="www.crutchfield.com/I-rJP1c111/vehicles/Jeep-Car-Stereos-and-Speakers.html"]Crutchfield Fit Guide for Jeeps[/URL]
CrutchfieldMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
boredstiff

Let's revive again.... anybody have a answer for the Water Proof, Dust Proof, CB radio question?
boredstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
pleontks
1976 J-Series Truck 

I just got 2 of those radio shack trc 442 yellow and black cbs. If anyone's interested, pm me

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.