Radio Shack CB - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Radio Shack CB

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-05-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
fsas311

Radio Shack CB

I was in RS the other day, and saw the TRC-521 CB. $60 and it had weather channels which isnt offered on the $60 Cobra i planed on buying. Anybody have experience with these? is it any good?

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #7[/COLOR]

32's and some other things.
fsas311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 11:48 AM   #2
jeephreak

if its the mini (about the size of a paperback book) thats the one I have. Its decent. I mean you get what you pay for. I used it on a couple of road trips to find my way, and mostly for trail which is fine. I have no need for weather channels etc. Guess its all what you are going to use it for, and how serious you are. I love it bc its tiny and you can hardly see it mounted.

MY RIG

r.i.p. Cap'n Crunch
jeephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #3
jbowser12

I have that same one and i am going to get rid of it and get a cobra 19. Its nice and works PERFECTLY, nothing wrong with it at all....except the fact it doesn't have a PA switch....That is one of the greatest things about having a CB. On the trail you can communicate, on the road you can verbal abuse drivers that piss you off.....if you don't want the PA jack then go with it, if not go on ebay and get an old cobra for around 20 bucks...

Josh

edit: oh yeah, those weather channels are worthless...I have gotten one message through them, granted i goto school in lynchburg and nothing ever happens here. Maybe in flordia during hurricane season it would be nice...
jbowser12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
fsas311

just going to be used on trails, which dont happen oftern. and to maybe find my way if need be. where do you have yours mounted. im going with the turbo city cb mount that goes above the rearview mirror. its going to be pretty sweet.

Unread 10-06-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
jbowser12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsas311
just going to be used on trails, which dont happen oftern. and to maybe find my way if need be. where do you have yours mounted. im going with the turbo city cb mount that goes above the rearview mirror. its going to be pretty sweet.
Check out rock lizard fab to. He has got a mount that goes in that same spot...

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.co...ccessories.htm

I have mine mounted in a odd location but it works for me. If you are sitting in the drivers seat, below the steering wheel, off to the left. It is on that panal that is below the headlight switch. i don't hit my knees on it, and i am in perfect reach of the mic...

Josh
jbowser12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
jeephreak

i have mine mounted on the passanger side just next to the floor console. b/c its so small, no one has a problem when sitting there. thats what i like about it, and if anyone were to look inside my jeep they prolly over look the fact that there is anything there at all. so i dont have to worry about theft.

MY RIG

r.i.p. Cap'n Crunch
jeephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 05:48 PM   #7
fsas311

crap.....didnt even think about the PA.....totally forgot. back to rat shack.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.