Quadratec Sony plug n play problem/solution - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Quadratec Sony plug n play problem/solution

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
smokeybear
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quadratec Sony plug n play problem/solution

Maybe you guys already figured this out - took me almost a year. I got a Sony Plug N Play setup from Quadratec. Great idea - comes with the dash adapter, prewired harness, and radio (Sony CDX-GT570UP). Easy install, but the subwoofer didn't work. I messed around with it a few times pulling everything apart and putting it all back together, checking continuity, pulling apart the console to get to the subwoofer, checking and rechecking that the blue wire went to the blue wire to run the subwoofer, checked the fuse, etc. Finally took a close look at the Quadratec wiring harness and compared it to the unused Sony harness in the box. The Q harness has the blue wire (antenna/subwoofer) in the 4th from the left position on the BOTTOM row. The Sony harness has the blue wire in the 4th from the left position on TOP row. I build a little jumper wire on the Q harness to connect the 4th top row position to the blue wire in the bottom position, and now I have a working subwoofer (such as it is). Not thumping bass, but a much much richer sound.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.