Push button start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Push button start

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 04-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
Keifer
1986 CJ7 

Push button start

So, I have a 1986 CJ7 that I'm trying to install a push button start in. I have it all hooked up except for the brake wires. Right now, when I push the button it'll go to acc mode and run mode, but I can't get it to actually start. I believe I wired the ignition harness correctly, so I think it's the brake wires that are holding me back. It says the brake needs to be pushed to start it and I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the brake wires?

Thanks!

Keifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

i just left the original ignition switch to use the key for all the accs and wired the push button directly to the starter. once i knew the button would start it (with the key turned to the 'on' position), i just cut the starter wire off the ignition switch. my jeep was older, but it worked.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.