problem with instrument cluster jeep 98 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > problem with instrument cluster jeep 98

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
spanishsheep

problem with instrument cluster jeep 98

HI to all

We have a Jeep Cherokee 1998 2.5l Diesel.
The problem started when i was driving along and the airbag light came on, thinking nothing of it carried on my way home, when home turned the engine off unloaded the car and then went to turn engine on to move the car, got nothing telephone mechanic who sent it away for 6 weeks stating that it had an electrical fault, to cut a long story very short.

It has been to three different mechanics, all the wiring has been check no problem, the dials work when the test button it pressed but that's it, when engine strikes up the warning lights come on and then go off except the airbag light but no dials work or mile counter.

We have now been told that we need a new instrument panel that will solve the problem????????

We live in Spain and have a right handed jeep so need the cluster to miles / km but the counter is in miles.

Does any one anything different to sort this problem or where i can find a new cluster which will match.

I will try and answer any questions in relation to the jeep as best i can ..... we would dearly like to resolve this problem as we need the jeep where we live as it is rough track and the jeep is perfect for this in every other way.

look forward to any ones feed back on this .
thanks in advance.

spanishsheep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.