To Polyfill or NOT to polyfill?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > To Polyfill or NOT to polyfill??

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
pflo1975
2008 JK Wrangler 

To Polyfill or NOT to polyfill??

Ok...I am fairly new to the forum, but certainly NOT new to Jeeps. But, I need some advice...

I just replaced the stock Infinity speakers in my 08 JK 4-Dr with 77KICK10 Kicker Speakers. So, my setup is now as follows...

MyGig HU
Stock Amp
Kicker Upgrade in the Dash
Kicker Upgrade in the Soundbar
Stock Infinity Sub woofer

Overall, I am not all that impressed with the sound. I almost sounds like I am listeninig to music in a tin can. I have been reading on other forums aboud using polyfill in the speaker boxes and soundbars. Is this worth it?

I am WILLING to pull out the front dash speakers again...if this will make a difference : )

pflo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Costs 2$ for a giant bag at hobby lobby. It really helps. All though you could have done a lot better than the kicker upgrade stuff.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
mylt1

i would imagine part of the problem is your speakers are under powered. there is a chance it might help, but i doubt it.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sound bar , speakers , sub woofer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.