PIAA 520 Plasma, are the lenses clear or plasma? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > PIAA 520 Plasma, are the lenses clear or plasma?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-19-2004, 08:24 PM   #1
RIPPN TJ
2005 WK 

PIAA 520 Plasma, are the lenses clear or plasma?

I've been searching for some fog and driving lights and I like some of the PIAA's like the 520, 520 SMR, 510, and the 540's. The thing is that I don't want to buy a light that puts out amber or yellowish light which I'm afraid will happen. The pics I've seen of some of the lights with the Plasma Ion bulbs look like the lense is actually colored as well, or is this simply the reflection of the Plasma Ion bulbs shining off the reflector and through to the lense making it seem that way. I'm really thinking of getting 2 pairs of 520 series, 1 fog and 1 driving although the smaller 510 would probably be less obtrusive on the bumper hoop but I don't know how much light it puts out compared to the 520.

Unread 09-19-2004, 08:58 PM   #2
Jack Flesher

My PIAA plasmas put out an amber light. A strong, highly visible, easy on the eye amber light, but amber nonetheless...
97 TJ, 4.0 5sp, 4:1 TC, 2-low, SYE, 3.5" RE Superflex, 1" BL, Belly-up skid, D44 Tru-Lok F&R, 4:11's, 33's
Jack Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 09:02 PM   #3
Bucket110

why spend 2x as much money on a name when you can get the same light output from a kc or hella or even Procomp.

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/2k2blktj]My Jeep[/URL]
Bucket110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
bigjohnwhodatis

Or Eagle Eye
I love these things
http://www.everythingoffroad.com/ind...alog288_0.html
bigjohnwhodatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2004, 09:42 AM   #5
SirGCal

The plasma series, as stated above, put out an amber (or yellow) glow. The SMR series are a standard white light (halogen white), I use those and they work pretty well but are pricy. If you want real white light, the off-road type HID lights (i think lightforce is the brand...) are the only one's that will give off that colorless true white light, but they are also not street legal. (And you think the PIAAs are pricy... They ain't not-in compared to these puppies.) I went with the SMRs cause in my area, they are road legal. They are not in all areas (check your area before assuming to use them on the road.)

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.