Other places to put a sub and amplifier? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Other places to put a sub and amplifier?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Other places to put a sub and amplifier?

Besides the behind the back seat, is there anywhere else to mount subwoofers and an amplifier? (On a TJ)

bgoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
SirGCal

in the back seat, in the center console, under the tub (not a very god option). Seen a few in the dash but those are really really complicated and iffy (for subs, amps ok)

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

how hard is it to put in the center console and what size would fit do you think?
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
SirGCal

With not changing the console much accept strengthening the box, 8", with a custom job and console mods, I've seen 10's.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
LimitedHemi
2012 JK Wrangler 

The factory sub is in the center console, if you can find someone who can fiberglass, I have built enclosures for some good 8in subs in place of it. you lose pretty much all use of the center console but its discrete. I wouldnt go 10" unless you went extreme entryl level (theres not a lot of airspace for a good 10" sub). For my old TJ I built an enclosure in the passenger footwell area, but that also requires fiberglassing ability. The craziest set up I have ever seen was built by JL audio, 3 10" subs built into the floor under the back seat. they cut the floor underneath the seat and made a tub/enclsosure that sat into it, the subs were slush with the floor and fired into the bottom of the seat. Never heard how it sounded though. Mine was a Jl 8w3v2 and sounded pretty good. The new 8w3v3's have sounded awesome when I've used them lately.
LimitedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
BillyV65
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I definitely suggest SirGCal's in-seat setup for the sub. I think it's the most functional place for the sub and still be out of the way of peering eyes looking to steal. He has plans on his website in his signature to help.

You go to High Point U? My sister graduated from their last spring.
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
_METAL_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ive seen a modded center console that got a 12" put in it i was trying to find the thread where i saw it but i cant find it

Ive seen subs behind the seat, under the seat, in the seat, under the passenger seat, center console, and then there are the custome enclosure you can buy
Sienna Jeep Club Member #28
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
_METAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think the center console makes the most sense for me. I need as much space as possible but i dont use that center console. Ill look into it some more...

and yes im going to HPU next year

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.