Only Rear Drivers Side Speaker works. Help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Only Rear Drivers Side Speaker works. Help?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
TJJeepJosh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Only Rear Drivers Side Speaker works. Help?

I'm new to this lol just bought my first jeep. Soon afterwards i realized that the front right and rear right(soundbar) speaker do not work at all. The front left speaker in the dash works occasionally and is really quiet. The only actually one that works is the rear drivers side sound bar speaker.

I've read other stuff about it possibly being a wiring break. Or maybe they are blown. But the jeep also has various plugs exposed that look like they came from a previous speaker system in the car. I thought that maybe with these unplugged it could be causing the speakers not to work.

There is an outlit under the steering wheel on the left and there is wiring from the radio to the back on the jeep that are also exposed.

Anyone know what the problem could be or what the wires go to?
Included some pictures

rear-plugs-above.jpg   rear-plugs.jpg   wiring-under-drivers-side.jpg  
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

If nothing else works, you can always run fresh speaker wires from near the head unit to the speakers.

This is your OBD-II diagnostic port where you plug in a Check Engine Light trouble code reader.

2q1.jpg  

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
TJJeepJosh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ahh thanks for the info. Guess that shows I don't know much about these sort of things.. at least that's one thing out of the problem.

ya Going to try rewiring the units. Think ill test them first to see if they have any breaks.
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That rear outlet is probably from the oem plastic subwoofer option they had at one point. I'd start by checking the head unit wiring in the dash. then replacing the speakers; 5.25" in the dash and 6.5" in the soundbar or 5.25" if you're adding a sub. 35 watts rms unless you're adding an amp the. Match rms speaker to amps.
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
TJJeepJosh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

One of the plugs in the rear plugged into the hardtop for defrost/wipers but I am still unsure as to what the other one does. Theres also a red male end one further down.

I'm probably going to replace the speakers and get everything figured out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.