Odd? Electrical Issue? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Odd? Electrical Issue?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Johnny5isAlive
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Odd? Electrical Issue?

First off, HORRAY for someone posting in the correct board!

So I was leaving work today and I turned the volume down on the stereo and all of a sudden...

...my fuel gauge drops to nothing. All the way red, blood red.

Now I know full well I have 3/4 tank of gas because I check it before I leave to go somewhere and when I arrive, and also numerous times in between to gauge my gas consumption given current driving conditions and how im driving.

Btw, 2001 TJ, 2.5.

So anyway, I stop at a light after looking out my mirror to see if Im losing fuel. Nothing. Then the needle shoots back up to normal.

Could I possibly have a short in the gauge or circuit?

Any clues?

J. Buckallew

formerly jdb416. and a rhinocerous
Johnny5isAlive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Malpaso

With all the rain and cold on the east coast, my first thought is some ice in the sending unit. I've had the same problem with the oil gauge in my F-150.
Unread 04-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
Johnny5isAlive
2001 TJ Wrangler 

bump to the peak

J. Buckallew

Unread 04-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
Johnny5isAlive
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malpaso
With all the rain and cold on the east coast, my first thought is some ice in the sending unit. I've had the same problem with the oil gauge in my F-150.
ninja man...you sneaky bastarrrdo

i was just thinking that it was probobly from all the rain we've gotten. there hasnt been any freezing temps around here tho, so probobly no ice formation.

everything seems back to normal but i'm gonna check the wiring anyway.

thanks!

J. Buckallew

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.