No power to amp? But capacitor does have power - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > No power to amp? But capacitor does have power

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 07-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #16
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ View Post

I installed my cap to get rid of the speaker whine.

Still no results. Jumped between the power and remote wire, and also jumped the cap.
Caps are bad on your charging system

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #17
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

All fuses are good, all grounds are good. I've checked and re checked them all. I wish it were just settings in my head unit. It was working for months, then all of a sudden stopped. I never changed any settings.
Where are you grounded to remove the cap and just let the amp do its thing clean connections follow power wire to make sure no cuts in it. Follow the rcas to make sure there ok. Make sure it has a solid ground (I'm grounded on the frame) gains on amp set right? Is there lights on it when it works? It may be in protection mode. Make sure speaker wire is good. have a friend with a system? Take his amp out hook yours up and of it don't work your amp is done
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Where are you grounded to remove the cap and just let the amp do its thing clean connections follow power wire to make sure no cuts in it. Follow the rcas to make sure there ok. Make sure it has a solid ground (I'm grounded on the frame) gains on amp set right? Is there lights on it when it works? It may be in protection mode. Make sure speaker wire is good. have a friend with a system? Take his amp out hook yours up and of it don't work your amp is done
Amp is grounded to the tub. Gains are set right. There are two lights on the amp: Power, and Protect. Neither will light up.

I have a buddy with an amp, and I thought of swapping them out yesterday. I might try that.

Say a speaker or RCA cable was severed/disconnected. That wouldn't cause my problem, would it? If the amp has power it should turn on, despite not being connected to speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Amp is grounded to the tub. Gains are set right. There are two lights on the amp: Power, and Protect. Neither will light up.

I have a buddy with an amp, and I thought of swapping them out yesterday. I might try that.

Say a speaker or RCA cable was severed/disconnected. That wouldn't cause my problem, would it? If the amp has power it should turn on, despite not being connected to speakers.
Rcas not to sure may depend with amps I'll disconnect mine and see but speaker wires no. Just wasn't sure if your amp had lights lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.