Need the PERFECT amp to power dual 8" subs. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Need the PERFECT amp to power dual 8" subs.

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
Mr_McNasty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Need the PERFECT amp to power dual 8" subs.

I'm buying these subs and I need the perfect Amp for it.

Best quality for cheapest price, please. HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
i burnout on puppies and kittens
Mr_McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

single voice coil 4 ohm subs. wire them together down to 2 ohms and throw
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=MRP-M450
on to it. ~$230 and it is a sweet sweet amp. could probably be had for cheaper.
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
SirGCal

Yup, single coil 4-ohm subs, 200W RMS each, so you're looking for potential of 400W RMS @ 2-ohms or there abouts. I would probably also go with the Alpine MRP-M450 for an inexpensive, yet good amp.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
Mr_McNasty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Crutchfield has it for 150. w00t!

Quote:
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
Mr_McNasty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What about this beaut? Blaupunkt THA1350

Quote:
Unread 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
ceejaysvn
1981 CJ7 

No way...stick with alpine ,especially if you gonna buy those polk momos.those are pretty good subs and you gonna need a good amp to push them..go with anything from alpine,rockford fosgate,pioneer,even kenwood has some pretty good amps and also jbl and last but not least jl audio
ceejaysvn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
SirGCal

That Blau would work fine too. Personally I like the Alpine better but it is 50% more cost... Either one should be just peachy though. 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms is what you're looking for.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.