need help with new stereo system - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > need help with new stereo system

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
kyledudeman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

need help with new stereo system

i know all the wires i just dont know what the pci bus wire is for, and i think the 12v output wire is to connect to an amp right? someone please tell me what the pci bus is and what do i connect it to. by the way this is for the wiring harness behind the radio on a 2006 wrangler and im putting an aftermarket radio in

Unread 02-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
monkeee2002
1999 TJ Wrangler 

According to a that came up when I googled it ( I tried to link it, but it doesn't want to be linked- it's on justanswer.com, did a search for "stereo pci bus wire"), the PCI bus wire is for anti-theft. Down that page a ways, it says "The pci bus wire would have gone to the pcm "the computer" as part of the antitheft system.
What it connects to, I dunno. My Jeep doesn't have any anti-theft in it. But there is a wiring diagram for a 2011 Jeep stereo on that page as well.

Last edited by monkeee2002; 02-12-2011 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: link failz
monkeee2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
kyledudeman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

you think i dont need to connect it?
Unread 02-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
03GoldTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

cap it off and don't use it.problem solved!
03GoldTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
kyledudeman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

got the stereo in, bass sounds great

Tags
electric , radio removal , radio swap , stereo , stereo system

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.