Need help asap.
Alright well I leave college to go back home on Tuesday. For the past month ive been having electrical problems. I got the battery and alternator tested a few weeks ago and they were fine.. So I cleaned the terminals and cables and it turns out it is just a bad connection connection on the positive terminal of the battery. and now the positive cable is permanently loose on the battery terminal even when tightened all the way down. And last night for the first time the battery voltage gauge read to be higher than 14V while it was running and as soon as i turned on the heating unit and defrosters the radio shut off and all of the dash lights shut off. They came back on as soon as i shut the other stuff off. So what i need help with is a way to fix the terminal problem because as of right now it takes two people to start the thing (One to turn the key and another to hold the cable in a certain position so it will start) and i dont know if the gauge reading higher than 14V would be a problem with an alternator or battery? I know this is long and has some tangents but i need help asap.