need electrical help... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > need electrical help...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
cvaria

need electrical help...

My radio (aftermarket) stopped working in my tj. it was going in and out for a while, must have been a short. It has now fully quit... i though it was the radio so i bought and installed another one..not the radio same issue, no power to the radio. i checked EVERY fuse in the interior fusebox, i think have bad wiring somewhere, maybe mice.

when the radio/a radio is not in the din (not wired) and i turn off the jeep, it is normal silence. when a radio is in the din (wired) and i turn off the jeep, i get a quick buzz noise that goes away. the noise comes from behind the steering wheel. is there a wring hub back there in trouble? I can't find a good tj (non-sub woofer) wiring diagram.

has anyone else been here?

cvaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

You do have 2 power wires one switched & one B+. The switched is fuse15 in the block behind the glove box the B+ is fuse 24 in the PDC in front of the battery. For the wiring diagram the FSM has both with & without the sub.

Power to fuse 15 comes from the ignition switch so make sure the wipers & turn signals are working or the switch may be bad.

See online read only FSMs here:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service
You may have to go to the bottom of the page & pick Jeep Resources & online manuals if it directs you to home page rather than the knowledge base.
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
cvaria

Super useful response! i love the forums.. i'll go out and take a look in the morning
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
PATJ1998
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man lemme know how it works out for ya, mine is doing the same thing, turns on randomly, don't know if it fully quit cuz the last time it was off for about a month then came back on for 2 days now it's back off
PATJ1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
cvaria

It was the antenna cable causing the issue. It had wiggled loose. If the antenna is not connected the rqdio will not work. Pull out the glove compartment and adjust the cable on the back of the radio

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.