Need a CJ7 Sound System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Need a CJ7 Sound System

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 03-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
shortgoroper
1983 CJ7 

Need a CJ7 Sound System

I need some help. I am rebuilding my 83 CJ7 and I am need of a good sounding sound system.

I have to start from scratch so let me tell you what I am thinking and maybe you could point me in the right direction and advise me on some products to buy.

First off I am planning on putting a Smittybilt Stereo Security Console in and putting the head unit in there. I like the idea of the digital media head units and I plan on making a plate to cover the existing radio hole in the dash and mounting my Sirius dock there.

I need new speakers to mount behind the dash in the dash grills. From there I have already installed a TJ roll bar in the CJ and have the stock soundbar. i want to put a sub in and have 2 ideas.. First, make a bracket and buy a powered low profile 10" sub (boss makes one) and put it up under the dash. Or I plan on raising the rear fold and tumble seat to gain some clearance for storage and a possible sub location if the front locations does not work or is conducive to the setup.

Lastly I plan on buying a sub to power the 4 speakers. All of this on a flexible budget but I would like to keep it around $400.

Now.. questions, questions.

Head Unit? I like the Sony Digital Media Head unit, it has a compartment to put the Ipod. How are they?? It has a Power Output: Peak: 52 watts x 4 channels / RMS: 17 watts x 4 channels

Front Speakers? What size am I looking for?? What is a brand to buy???
Soundbar Speakers? What size can I upgrade to?? Again, What is a good brand to buy??
Amp? What size to buy? I was told a good all around system would be in the 400W range with 4 channels to power each speaker. The sub will be powered by its on enclosed amp.
Sub?? Any difference between an 8in and 10in sub??
Lastly, What wire to get. I like the idea of the RCAs and the head unit I have my eye on has 3 pairs of pre-amp RCAs.

Any assistance would be appreciated

shortgoroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
rdsk8ter
1982 CJ7 

I have a shallow pioneer in my rear seat just a thought to look into
rdsk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.