My idea for a low cost system in my TJ. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > My idea for a low cost system in my TJ.

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

My idea for a low cost system in my TJ.

So I have no real knowledge about sound systems.

I'm looking to upgrade and possibly put an Amp and sub in but I don't want to put a large box. It's a Jeep and It doesn't have to be amazing, I would just like a little more. I would like to keep my factory head unit (I guess that's what it would be called). I would like to keep it to cut the cost as well as keep the factory look to keep people from stealing it all. I would prefer to make it as hidden as possible.

My idea is to re gut the inside of the factory center console and hopefully put a small amp in there. Not sure how much room it would give if enough and leave some small amount of room for storage.

My thought for the placement of the sub is probably under the passenger seat. It might need a seat riser which would my girlfriend because she has trouble seeing over the Dash cage bar as it is.

My other idea is to mount the amp under one front seat and the sub under the other front seat.

I usually don't run a back seat so putting the amp and sub under that doesn't work.

Also what about marine grade units?

I would plan to make a surround for the sub as well. Not sure if there would be enough air space, but just throwing out ideas.

As for the Jack, I would either leave it where it is or mount it on the driver side or on the driver wheel well.

All these are ideas and i'm not sure they would even work.

My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:24 AM   #2
Mech
1997 TJ Wrangler 

if youre going small, id recommend instead of raising the pass seat, put an 8" sub in the console and put the amp under the pass seat.
Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That's probably a better idea. Good thinking.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.