my heater smells like burning plastic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > my heater smells like burning plastic

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
jaspepp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

my heater smells like burning plastic

for the last month or so i've noticed that the controls for the air/heat inside the jeep have been acting a little funny. Then, a few nights ago it started putting out a smell something like burning plastic and the rest of the controls have gone crazy (every setting doesn't do what it's supposed to). i pulled the HVAC fuse simply because i couldn't deal with the smell and figured i would go back and figure it out later. Now it's cold here again and i would really enjoy having my heater inside again. anybody have any ideas where to start with the problem or maybe even a solution????

jaspepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
alexherb
2001 TJ Wrangler 

pull the switch panel, its probably melted on the back side. replace it and the resistor pack under the passenger dash.
alexherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
jaspepp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

what am i looking for with the resister pack??? i've never had to do that before. pictures maybe?
jaspepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
alexherb
2001 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...r-pics-520800/
alexherb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.