MP3 Players - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > MP3 Players

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-08-2001, 03:37 PM   #1
jeepsonly

MP3 Players

Just bought a portable MP3 player (RIO 600 with no moving parts). Anyone else using one of these in your Jeep? I planned to use the tape player adapter and am thinking of a good place to mount it where I can see it and where it can be easily removed.

Yes, I know there are MP3 stereos but I'm not up to spending $500 on one right now.

jeepsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2001, 07:38 AM   #2
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have the factory stereo? A good aftermarket cd player will have RCA inputs. They make a 1/8" audio to RCA cable, then their would be no messing with the tape and you could listen to cd's. I would Velcro it to the dash above fuel gauge.
Unread 10-09-2001, 08:41 AM   #3
Jefff

I've got the Intel Pocket Concert MP3 Player. I also run it with the tape adaptor, and either put it in the glove box (the wire doesnt get squashed), or use the belt strap to tie it to the passenger grab handle.

What I'm looking for is an MP3 car stereo that will also run the cd stacker that Jeep supply.

Somehow I think I will be waiting a while!
Jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2001, 09:40 AM   #4
Willis91YJ

Hey Jeepsonly,
If you can still return that rio, clarion makes an indash mp3 that was dropped in price from 500 to 350 by the company to get the technology fueling the market. Check into it, it is a real nice unit. If not I guess I am no help on mounting the RIO sorry bud. Have fun!
Willis
Black 91' YJ with fresh 4.0, Sitting on 31x11.5 Mickey Baja MTX's on 15x10 AR767, Borla Stainless cat-back, free flow cat, it seems like I keep breaking necessary parts just about the time I get enough money together for the fun stuff!!!
Willis91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2001, 10:14 AM   #5
jeepsonly

Thanks for the replies everyone. I love this portable Rio and will consider the in-dash (in Tuffy I should say) system when the price comes down more. I'm thinking about fabricating something to plunk it into when in the Jeep. If I don't get an mp3 radio, I'll get a stereo with the rca jack for direct input. Right now I'm using the tape adapter in the factory radio, which is working fine.

BTW, the tunes sound awesome. My only complaints are 1) I want more memory! and 2) the FF button stopped working so I'll need to return it under warranty
jeepsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2001, 12:16 AM   #6
Jefff

This is what I want to get, shame it's not out yet. The Neo!

Pulls straight out of your PC & into your dashboard!
Jefff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.