More Bass without backseat? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > More Bass without backseat?

Happy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 CenterHalloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 11-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Thetasigma1412
2013 JK Wrangler 

More Bass without backseat?

Hello fellow Jeepers. I have a '13 jk two door and tossed the back seat. I realize it's almost winter, but I'd like to prepare for summer with more bass in my Jeep. Aside from stuffing pillow filling in my bar, can I do anything else to increase bass? Has anyone put subs in the rear without a back seat? Pics requested. I plan on sticking with stock head unit as well. Soft top I have no hardtop.

Any suggestions would help. Thank you

Thetasigma1412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Put subs back there... I had 2 12's on my old 08 JKU

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Jkm57
2010 JK Wrangler 

I got it from zenclosures.com they make them for what ever size sub you want and they are custom made for jeeps. It sits between the wheel wells. I'm pretty sure you could run it without the seats but I've never tried.
image-3035172492.jpg

Jkm57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sadly, I don't have any pictures as requested, but:

To increase bass from your normal speakers you can improve the acoustics of the enclosures (polyfil, sound deadener), swap to high quality speakers, and/or amp them. Replacing the headunit can go a long way as the Uconnect system is preadjusted for their wierd factory speakers. The soundbar is an uphill battle because of it's size and single enclosure construction. The front enclosures are a respectable size but a pain to fit aftermarket speakers due to their unique factory mounting. Scosche makes a set of brackets to overcome this but their seal is poor, which you can get gasket tape to compensate.

For Subs:
I have a 4 door so I'm not 100% certain on the space in the back for the 2 door. In my 05 TJ I managed to fit a box for a pair of 10s downfiring behind the back seat.

If you don't care about storing anything in the back, you could just slap down a box and front fire the subs.
If you DO care about things in back, you could build it platform style and downfire to protect it. 3/4 MDF is pretty stout and would let you sit things on top.

I highly recommend downfiring or front instead of upward or rear into the tailgate. Come summer I imagine that top will be off, you will lose any form of cabin gain by reflecting it off the back.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

I thought he wanted fish.
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
iluvcowjuice
1979 CJ7 

If you plan on putting in subs and taking the top off, I definitely recommend getting/making a down firing box. I went from a normal box in my cj (facing it front/rear didnt make much difference)to a down firing and it made a world of difference when the top is off.
iluvcowjuice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.