Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mopar Sub & Security System

921 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SirGCal 
#1 ·
I was considering putting a Sub in my Liberty Sport Special Edition '06, but I don't want it to take up any space. I checked out the Mopar underseat woofer, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with it. I have the Infiniti Speakers in my '06 and the bass is pretty good I was wondering if it would be worth it to add the mopar under the seat. I realize it wont be window shaking, but will it provide any noticeable difference in the amount of bass I am currently getting? I am just thinking that because the Sub is only 6.5 inches the bass wont be any deaper than the infiniti speakers which are 6 - 6.5 inches. (not sure)

Also, my Liberty came with remote keyless entry. Does anyone know what I need to buy to upgrade it to an Alarm? I have seen a couple things online, from Mopar.com I saw EVS I - Vehicles with Keyless Entry and from Jeepparts.cc/catalog I saw the following: EVS II Plus System Wiring Packages; EVS II Plus Security System & Interior Theft Sensor (IT-s). I would like to keep the remote built into my key as the only transmitter, so I know I have to use one of these systems, I am just not sure which one I need. Can anyone assist with this, the Dealer is trying to sell me the package for $400.

Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
a 6.5 sub will act differnt then a 6.5 coaxil. I would just look into aftermarket upgrade. Factory is way to expensive and made of sub-par material.

#4 ·
I have seen the Kenwood KSC-SW1 & the Clarion SRV303 But I am not sure if either will fit under the drivers seat as neatly as the Mopar would. I am also willing to put one under the drivers side rear seat but again not sure if it will fit. If anyone has installed one of these or is aware of another speaker that may fit in either of these spaces could you let me know. Thanks.

#5 ·
if the Kenwood powered sub is what you decide to go with..

...let me know. I'll make you a smokin' deal. I bought one for my 04' STi and installed it in late August, then traded for a new '06 Rubi on Sept 17th. Used it less than one month.

It provided decent bass for it's size, but it's no ground shaker. Is it better sounding than the factory sub in the 7 speaker system? I would have to say yes. I ended up removing my 7 speaker system and installed all aftermarket stuff, including 10" sub so this one is available at a really good price. Asking 1/2 of what I paid for it plus shipping.

I can't speak for mounting in the Rubi, but I could test fit and maybe take a few pictures if you are seriously interested.

John

#6 ·
My subs are only 6.5" and were strong and low enought to take first place SQ. But they are also three and in a better box than just a plastic shell. (and better subs). But my point is do not discount something simply based on it's size.

However, I have not heard the Libby's under-seat sub setup before actually so I can not comment on it. I can say that it will be better than not having one but how much better I do not know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.