Mopar RB1 radio/nav unit issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Mopar RB1 radio/nav unit issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
tjcasey

Mopar RB1 radio/nav unit issues

Hello all.

The PO installed this unit in my tj. I have occasionally had an issue when on startup the screen and buttons don't work but audio does. From this forum I found that this was a pretty common issue-fixed by turning the jeep off then on again.

Unfortunately the problem has now become permanent. Last week the jeep sat for extended periods with the battery disconnected and this happened immediately after. I sometimes get full functionality when the ignition is on but as soon as I start the engine the screen goes black and no buttons work. No count of turning on and off will fix.

I have checked the fuses behind glove box and under hood, all were good.

I pulled the unit and checked the connections, they looked good.

I also checked to see if there was a recessed reset button couldn't see one.

Any ideas?

tjcasey is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.