Mopar iPod Kit Install on TJ & KJ (Write-up with Photos) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Mopar iPod Kit Install on TJ & KJ (Write-up with Photos)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #46
XRussoX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So then, the Ipod Video does in fact work through the Chrysler/Mopar Ipod hookup on a stock radio (RB1)?

Russo

XRussoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 05:19 AM   #47
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRussoX
So then, the Ipod Video does in fact work through the Chrysler/Mopar Ipod hookup on a stock radio (RB1)?

Russo
Yes, the RB1 and Video iPod work together. See this link, about half way down the page are photos of what it looks like (post by AtlanticLiberty):

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtop...r=asc&start=15

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #48
XRussoX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie
Yes, the RB1 and Video iPod work together. See this link, about half way down the page are photos of what it looks like (post by AtlanticLiberty):

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtop...r=asc&start=15

Thanks, reason I asked was because a guy on ebay who I suppose is wholesaleing these things said that he has changed his ad b/c so many people were experiencing problems with the stock cord and ipod video. I kind of thought it would be the loading lag that some people have found and am glad to hear that that is most likely what his purchasers have experienced.

Russo
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #49
41MB-04TJ

Anybody try a 2 gig Nano with this yet?

The descriptions all say 40 gig nanos, so I'll take this as a 4 gig. If it is only the larger capacity, why is that?
41MB-04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #50
grogie

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41MB-04TJ
Anybody try a 2 gig Nano with this yet?

The descriptions all say 40 gig nanos, so I'll take this as a 4 gig. If it is only the larger capacity, why is that?
The 2 gig Nano works fine (my wife has one). There is no 40 gig nano... lol.

All current iPods should work, except for the shuffles. The mini also works.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Unread 12-26-2006, 08:49 PM   #51
XRussoX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=grogie]Yes, the RB1 and Video iPod work together. See this link, about half way down the page are photos of what it looks like (post by AtlanticLiberty):

Well so I'm getting ready to actually go ahead and purchase this integration kit. I do however still have one more concern. Currently I have Sirius Satellite in my Wrangler going from the satellite receiver via a 12pin to 16pin (p/n 5066206AA) to the multiplex splitter (p/n 5066202AC) and via the song title/artist cable (p/n 82208322) to an RB1 head unit. As of right now I can see the song titles and artist names when I listen to Sirius.

I'm planning on buying the Mopar Integration line (p/n 82209616AC). I want to be able to see song titles/artist info on both Sirius and the iPod. However, as I'm looking at the instructions you posted this page gives me a scare:

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/4222/ipod2nq5.jpg

Part Number 05191195AA... Do I need this? Or does the song title/artist cable plug INTO the iPod adaptor and then both signals go from the ipod adaptor to the 12pin to 10pin cable into the head unit???? Already making all this happen PROPERLY is getting expensive... I would hate to have one more thing to buy and wait for...

Russo
Unread 12-27-2006, 07:20 AM   #52
tjchad

[/QUOTE]BTW, the stereo in the TJ is RBQ, and in the KJ is RBP. The instructions books says for use that it also works with models RB1, RAZ, RAH, and RBK.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if these stereos will fit in a '02 TJ?
tjchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 07:54 AM   #53
grogie

2006 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=XRussoX]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie

Well so I'm getting ready to actually go ahead and purchase this integration kit. I do however still have one more concern. Currently I have Sirius Satellite in my Wrangler going from the satellite receiver via a 12pin to 16pin (p/n 5066206AA) to the multiplex splitter (p/n 5066202AC) and via the song title/artist cable (p/n 82208322) to an RB1 head unit. As of right now I can see the song titles and artist names when I listen to Sirius.

I'm planning on buying the Mopar Integration line (p/n 82209616AC). I want to be able to see song titles/artist info on both Sirius and the iPod. However, as I'm looking at the instructions you posted this page gives me a scare:

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/4222/ipod2nq5.jpg

Part Number 05191195AA... Do I need this? Or does the song title/artist cable plug INTO the iPod adaptor and then both signals go from the ipod adaptor to the 12pin to 10pin cable into the head unit???? Already making all this happen PROPERLY is getting expensive... I would hate to have one more thing to buy and wait for...

Russo
Russo, I'm not sure that I can answer your questions (I wish I did have the RB1). I bought my kits from Wyckoff Chrysler. You might email their parts manager and ask him your questions (Jeff Poole at jeff@wyckoffchrysler.com).

Here is the kit:
http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/moipinkit.html

Just so everyone else can see, here is what it looks like on the RB1:

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Unread 12-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #54
grogie

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjchad
Anyone know if these stereos will fit in a '02 TJ?
Chad, as long as you have one of those decks, it should. You might email Jeff (see the above email address) and ask to make sure.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Unread 12-28-2006, 01:07 PM   #55
brandongrover

Does anyone have some pictures of the kit working on a RBK, maybe 2004 model
Black Jeep Member #333
2004 Sport
3.5" BDS w/ 1"MORE MML and 1" BL
Looks like a beast drives like crap, working on it...

Running Big Waylon's Old Gear Member #1
brandongrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #56
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

This actually should be in the Reviews forum instead.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #57
grogie

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
This actually should be in the Reviews forum instead.
Jerry, looks like someone just did. I went ahead and reviewed it as well.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Unread 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #58
XRussoX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I really wish someone would chime in on this one... To correct my lack of information display on my RB1 with Sirius I added a new intermediate wire, the multiplexer, and the song title/artist cable. Now on the first post of this thread it shows the content list and part B appears to be just like the multiplexer I added (if anyone has the part number that would help).

Here is where the confusion sets in. It appears that maybe there is something that allows me to have both boxes connected at once. Maybe they are the same box, but then I wouldnt think I could have both Sirius naming and ipod hookup options simultaneously...

I think that the boxes are run in serial. So what seems to be the critical question to me, is the 10pin IN on the iPod adaptor BOX a bypass? In other words, will all the work I did to make everything appear correctly pass through the iPod box without being lost or changed? Can I take my new 10pin and put it in the iPod box and still have everything I've worked for? (can I ask this same question any different ways???) Thanks in advance!

Russo
Unread 02-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #59
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon
Mine says Jeep too! .. Cool little kit by mopar.

At first my ipod said chrysler, but after a few hours a use it started to say jeep.

Hey I love your radio head end unit. Is that stock or aftermarket... if so what kind and model number thanks...
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #60
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon
Mine says Jeep too! .. Cool little kit by mopar.

At first my ipod said chrysler, but after a few hours a use it started to say jeep.

Hey I love your radio head end model. Is that stock or after makret? What part or model nubmer is that?

Thanks
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.