Marine Speakers or Regular Door Speakers for the Sound Bar? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Marine Speakers or Regular Door Speakers for the Sound Bar?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
Capinsano3

Marine Speakers or Regular Door Speakers for the Sound Bar?

I found a pair of marine speakers that will fit in the sound bar but I'm not too sure if its a good idea or not. It makes sense to put water-resistent speakers on the sound bar or is it a better idea to go with regular ones?

2006 Green Unlimited 4'' Superlift and 33'' Trxus M/Ts
Capinsano3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Marine speakers are weather resistant because they use polypropylene speaker cones, which would be good in a Jeep that may occasionally get left open to the elements. However, polypropylene speaker cones are very common and are sold right along side paper cone speakers in just about any audio store. They can sound great too. I would go that way over paper cone speakers, and did so in my TJ.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
PudrowDSM

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with Jerry, The marine speakers are a great idea for jeeps. The nice thing is that they are finally making a wider variety of sizes along with quality brand names. I personally plan to use marine speakers once I get around to upgrading my audio system and will use them in my sound bar along with my dash. You could probably get away with regular speakers in the sound bar since they face down and have some sort of cover, however I will still use marine speakers.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #42
Blue Jeep Club Member #210
XBOX Live Gamer Tag: Pudrowdsm

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas TJ
just rub your hands on the rubber bushing, im sure you probably still have some KY lube on em.
PudrowDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I had some $40 Pioneers regular speakers from best buy. Leave my top off all summer. Speakers are still there and doing fine. My head unit is a whole nother story though...

If you are upgrading go with the marine just for the added insurance. I had my speakers in my civic before I had the jeep so I transfered them over for free...
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
((Lo Lo))
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am running Polk/Momo speakers from Crutchfield in my soundbar, and left my top off for quite a few rainstorms. Not once did they ever get wet....They are also made from carbon fiber to help resist moisture, so that might help as well.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...oject-1344302/
((Lo Lo)) is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
TJted33

the polk momos are water proof
TJted33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.