Marine Head Unit and Speakers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Marine Head Unit and Speakers?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
NinjaTurlteSean

Marine Head Unit and Speakers?

What are some good cd players and speakers that wont get ruined if they got wet from mud or rain (ect.)? and where can i get them? and what size speakers?

NinjaTurlteSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
jcd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Crutchfield has quite a few options in their marine section, though if you seriously anticipate getting mud on the head unit, you should look into a cover.
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
NinjaTurlteSean

ok thanks, and do you know what size speakers go in the dash that will sound good with atleast the windows down?
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
TruckMuddr
Always Something

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Behind the dash are 4"x6" but I would recommend convertin to the 5 1/4"
'04 TJ, X, 4.0, Auto, Silver, D30/D44 w/LS & 4.56's, RC 4" Series II, PA 3" BL, Advanced Adapter's TC Bracket, 15x12 Eagle Alloys 058, 15/35-15 TSL, 4x K/C DayLighters & Windshield Mounts, Ventvisor's Bugsheild, Door Sill & Window Vents, Fabtech Front Bumper & homemade Rear W/ Backup Lights, Hurculiner.

On-Going Picture Thread

"It's Always Something And It's Never Good" - TruckMuddr
TruckMuddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
NinjaTurlteSean

how do i convert them? sorry for the newb question.
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
TruckMuddr
Always Something

2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.offroadtoystore.com/Merch...ory_Code=33eng

There is a few companies that make them, but thats one of them. You can find them on ebay alil cheaper then on that site.
'04 TJ, X, 4.0, Auto, Silver, D30/D44 w/LS & 4.56's, RC 4" Series II, PA 3" BL, Advanced Adapter's TC Bracket, 15x12 Eagle Alloys 058, 15/35-15 TSL, 4x K/C DayLighters & Windshield Mounts, Ventvisor's Bugsheild, Door Sill & Window Vents, Fabtech Front Bumper & homemade Rear W/ Backup Lights, Hurculiner.

On-Going Picture Thread

"It's Always Something And It's Never Good" - TruckMuddr
TruckMuddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:37 AM   #7
NinjaTurlteSean

alright thanks that helped out alot
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
Tracey

Wow thanks for the info on the covers for face plates. I never thought about looking at Marine sites....
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #9
XJnSA

they make everything u could think of almost, marine subwoofers, all sizes of speakers almost, water proof cases to mount any head unit, even if its not marine grade, just look around, best buy dot.com actually has quite a bit of marine stuff on it, but not the stores, also www.discountjungle.net

and www.etronics.com has TONS of marine audio stuff for great prices and selection imo, so enjoy, thats where i will be buying my whole marine audio set up, HU, speakers, AMP/Subs here soon, goodl uck
Unread 07-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #10
TJted33

go with the Polk Momos. 6 1/2 in the soundbar, 6x4 or 5 1/4th in the dash. they are marine grade and sound amazing
TJted33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just get speakers with a poly (polypropylene) speaker cones and you'll be good to go. The non-desireable type of cone is made from paper which obviously doesn't do well when it gets wet. (and I am moving this to the audio forum)

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #12
The Wreck

Marine stuff is definitely the way to go with Wranglers. I have a Sony marine head unit with a Bazooka 200w 10" marine rated bass tube with remote level control. The standard size dash speakers (Kenwood plate style) work fine for me but I've installed bass blockers so they're only putting out high mids and highs. If you plan on asking them to produce any bass then you should upgrade them to the 5 1/4" drivers. The 5 1/4" soundbar speakers (also Kenwood full range) are setup to put out low mids and highs, the tube generates all of the bass I need and I don't have to worry about any of it getting damaged by water.
The Wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #13
NinjaTurlteSean

where do i get a soundbar or a TJ?
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #14
cheesycook
Accident Prone Bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurlteSean
where do i get a soundbar or a TJ?
Where in Florida are you? I have a spare in the garage?
98 TJ 4.0 Stick 30 Lock-Right/44 True-Track,4.56. Fire RED. Optima Red top. 3" Full Traction lift, Cragar 352 Street locks w/3.75 BS. 32" BFG AT's. Sailcloth top. Classic4x4 tubular fenders. AtoZ Fab rockers and front and rear bumpers. TBT sportsbar and rear spreader. VDP 6 speaker bar. 2K Intake Manifold. Tuffy Speaker lock boxes. Power inverter. Cobra CB. Magellan GPS. Bed lined tub. 3core HD radiator. Olds airbox with Hummer snokle. Besttop seat covers with heaters. All running lights LED.Steering and oil pan skids. Mile Marker PE8000 winch. Currie Anti-Rock. Olympic trunk. Tuffy Console....and Buddha on the winch. :) And a child seat stained with mud.
Hermiston, ORL

AtoZ Where Zach makes me toys!
Stu-Offroad, because I don't have a clue, but Stu does!
cheesycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
mylt1

you can also try boaters world and west marine.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.