Looking for some feedback on a new TJ Navigation and Multimedia entertainment unit - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Looking for some feedback on a new TJ Navigation and Multimedia entertainment unit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #31
ops5
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lol, i don't have any problems. I already have satellite radio

ops5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #32
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Any more updates on this? Release dates? Prices?Thanx.nx
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #33
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I hope that this unit will support international standards.
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #34
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Don't have time to comment here because your working on the unit so much? lol
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #35
slim163
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I prefer using my rear backup camera while I'm driving because I can't see past the rear tire and its cool to know what I ran over. I also like having a fender cam for spotting from the passenger side. Will your head unit allow the use of my camera while driving?
slim163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #36
91Z28
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Guys search around, these units have been out a while, they're all made in china, sold by several manufacturers, Ive seen them for as low as 300 bucks.... http://www.aliexpress.com/price/jeep...dio-price.html
91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #37
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hi, all. Sorry for taking so long to get back to this discussion -- we HAVE been too busy working on these units! The good news is that we expect them to be available in the next few weeks!

To address some of the recent questions -- yes, they have backup camera inputs and aux video inputs!

re: them being available through aliexpress -- yes, we are aware of the companies who are doing this. We have been working on this unit for over a year. At one point in time we were working with different hardware manufacturers in China for parts but ended up switching factories due to quality issues. Since China is the wild, wild west when it comes to manufacturing... there are folks out there who are using our product mold to sell an inferior product. Just know that those early revisions have some serious issues (amp overheating being the main one, but there were many, many other issues along the way.. such as the TV tuner not working in the US) and more importantly -- the GPS software is either not provided or they will give you a hacked (pirated) copy. You will never (ever) get map updates. We are a new company and have learned a lot in the past year... mainly that non disclosure agreements and contracts are worthless when dealing with overseas companies... you really can't enforce them. It costs a lot to license the operating system software and GPS maps (which either come from Garmin or TomTom) and anyone selling those units for 300 bucks isn't using licensed software... at the end of the day, you always get what you pay for.

The good news is that the TJ1001 is ready to rock and, again, will be released in the next few weeks. Our quality is second to none and we will be backing it with a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty. In addition, it comes with fully licensed GPS software with the guaranteed latest maps. As a matter of fact... we just updated our software to include FREE 3D topography overlays.

Attached are some new pics of the new GPS software (note the cool little Jeep icon).
cam00174.jpg   cam00185.jpg   cam00154.jpg  
InsaneJeepAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #38
Mackinaw

My wish list...add a NOAA weather band to the radio. Looks nice, never thought about upgrading my TJ sound system until I saw this. This I might actually turn on.
Mackinaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #39
91Z28
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
them being available through aliexpress -- yes, we are aware of the companies who are doing this. We have been working on this unit for over a year. At one point in time we were working with different hardware manufacturers in China for parts but ended up switching factories due to quality issues. Since China is the wild, wild west when it comes to manufacturing... there are folks out there who are using our product mold to sell an inferior product
Just to clarify, you manufacturer and assemble this units here in the united states ? Or just you just source the unit from a Chinese manufacturer ?
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #40
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

We designed these units here in the US, a good portion of the hardware is manufactured in China but some pieces are assembled here, some of the software is developed by us and the GPS software is licensed by a third party under contract with us. EVERYTHING is tested here in the US by our quality control team before leaving our warehouse. We believe this to be the ideal solution because we have full control of the quality of each unit, but are sourcing parts (such as the plastic mold and touch screen) overseas to help keep the cost down.

As mentioned -- it took us a year, but we are proud to put our name on this product. The technology is absolutely awesome and the quality is rock solid.
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #41
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Oh yea... they are going to be available exclusively at 4Wheel Drive Hardware (www.4wd.com) and you should see them in the next few weeks. Out of respect for this forum, I won't be posting a a link but if you are interested in hopping on the mailing list just PM me and we'll let you know the second they become available.
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #42
AARONautics101

What type of warrenty will it have? And any idea on a price yet?
AARONautics101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #43
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The TJ1001 will be backed by a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty.

We've finally got confirmation on the pricing. The MSRP will be 1250 but please keep in mind that this includes EVERYTHING -- full multimedia, digital television in the US, ipod cable, remote control, GPS software with the guaranteed latest maps, wiring harnesses, etc.
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #44
91Z28
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The MSRP will be 1250 but please keep in mind that this includes EVERYTHING -- full multimedia, digital television in the US, ipod cable, remote control, GPS software with the guaranteed latest maps, wiring harnesses, etc.
So let me get this straight, most of the whole unit is supplied by a Chinese manufacturer, you piece it together, you install a legalized copy of IGO8, tweak the UI, add a "JEEP" logo on the start-up screen, call it "yours" and slap a 1250 dollar price tag on it ? The only benefit i see here is the warranty, only because you'll have to replace these things instead of repair them, as it's unlikely you'll repair something you didn't build in house, (i imagine you'll send the broken units back to the company you purchased from for some kind of reimbursement.) Explain to me why id want to buy the same unit manufactured by the same people in china for 850 dollars more ? Updated Maps are readily available on the internet if you know where to look, which would be the same maps you'd be offering. I'm sorry to be a jerk, but i don't see it being a value at all over the 300-450 dollar eBay units, which is "virtually" the same radio.
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #45
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What he said.
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.