Looking to install aftermarket nav unit, need help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Looking to install aftermarket nav unit, need help!

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
tgaito

Looking to install aftermarket nav unit, need help!

Hey all. 2006 Patriot with OEM nav unit and it seems the screen is starting to fade with lines showing up. Happened once before amd cleared on its own ina day but I have a feeling its on its way out this time so I'm bracing to replace with a aftermarket unit (OEM replacement way too much $$$).

Thinking about using a Clarion NX602 which has a good price point and feature set.

Anyone have any experience doing this type of swap who can give me direction as to what kind of harness adapters I'm going to need to continue using the NAV, Sirius, Steering Wheel controls, stereo, etc? I'm also assuming I'm going to need a bezel adapter too.

The only thing for sure I can find online is a Metra ASWC steering adapter.

I'm skeptical that the other stuff (nav/sirius/AM/FM, etc) is going to plug and play on this thing.

tgaito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navigation system , stereo system

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.