LED fog lamp wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > LED fog lamp wiring

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 04-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

LED fog lamp wiring

I recently purchased some fog lamps for my 90 XJ and mounted them in the stock holes, using the stock harness. 18W CREE LEDs. I also have some 36w 12 led rigid knockoffs on their way. They look great but I have a few questions for the lighting buffs out there:

1. With one light connected it is EXTREMELY bright, with both they are mildly bright. Why would this be? I will be wiring a new relay and switch for my second set of lights and I dont want the same issue, so if I need to wire each light to its own power supply I need to know how to wire 2 lights and 2 relays to one switch.

2. How can I switch the Fog power ON from headlamps to when i flip the markers on? Ideally I want them on at all times when the switch is on. Brights included.

7550.jpg.jpg   img_20130409_140752_360.jpg   hmlb236.jpg  

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1990-xj-4-0-renix-build-codename-mudd-1492362/"]Project MUDD[/URL]
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
MuddSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
MuddSnapper
1990 XJ Cherokee 

well since no help had arrived I think Ive decided what to do:

1. 8 fuse ganged distribution $15
2. a pile of 40a relays $2 each

Now to figure out how to get a few of them to be always hot and a few to be switched...
or should i buy a 6 slot and a 4 slot and make on
panel switched
t2ec16rhjgye9nooh7-obqgq-yr-o-60_12.jpg   kgrhqn-n8f-je93fqfbqugwitkf-60_12.jpg  

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1990-xj-4-0-renix-build-codename-mudd-1492362/"]Project MUDD[/URL]
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
MuddSnapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.