L.E.D 50 inch light bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > L.E.D 50 inch light bar

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
icrawltn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

L.E.D 50 inch light bar

I just installed a 50 inch L.E.D light bar above my windshield on my 2000 TJ after installing this driving down the road it make a screeching/whistling sound now has anyone else experienced this ? I was wondering if it's from the wind hitting it

icrawltn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes a lot of people experience the same problem including me. There are a couple of threads here from not too long ago with some homemade remedies to fix that problem. It includes putting weather stripping between the spaces in the light bar ďfinsĒ. You would need just a few and they would be spaced out so as not to defeat the cooling fins from doing their job. I personally havenít tried that though.
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
icrawltn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I appreciate man . I put it on and was like what the crap is that sound and my wife hates it she says it's like nails on a chalk board . Lol
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
icrawltn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have searched and searched and can not find any thread on the DIY fix for this . Could someone post a link to something for me
Unread 02-11-2014, 02:04 AM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry about that, it was in a different section. Here’s the name of that thread and the link to it. “running LED light bars

EDIT: I do believe that the first mention of noise from a light bar starts at post #24.
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:27 AM   #6
icrawltn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Sorry about that, it was in a different section. Hereís the name of that thread and the link to it. ďrunning LED light barsĒ

EDIT: I do believe that the first mention of noise from a light bar starts at post #24.
Thanks again man I'll be going to lowes today ..
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

No problem and I hope it works for you. If you can please post your results, good luck.
Unread 02-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna try this as well. My tinnitus gets in the way of hearing it but it apparently drives the wife crazy.
Unread 02-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Thatís funny because until I took my sister for a ride in my Jeep I didnít know it made any sound at all. She asked me what heck that annoying whistling noise was. She said it was coming from the top and would go away whenever we got off the freeways.

My ears are ringing like crazy and Iím tone deaf with certain sounds thanks to guns.
Unread 02-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #10
icrawltn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Heck mine is already whistling at 15mph
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #11
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I guess there is one good thing about my hearing loss; as far as Iím concerned my light bar doesnít make any noise at any speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.