Keyless Entry Problem -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-17-2012, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Keyless Entry Problem

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

After work today I tried unlocking driver side door via keyless entry to no avail. I manually unlocked the door assuming the car battery was dead and the alarm sounded. In a panic I started pressing the unlock button on the keyless and it worked right away, turning the alarm off.

Got home, tested the car battery, good charge. I had a spare CMOS battery (2032) for the keyless remote so replaced that. Tested it out again standing right next to the car. It locked just fine but wouldn't unlock. Again, manual unlock, opened door sounding alarm, pressed unlock once and it worked.

I'd assumed its a faulty keyless remote except that it does work; albeit only when the door is already unlocked and open. Any ideas?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.