Keep blowing #8 fuse - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-15-2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Danbert
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Tj Keep blowing #8 fuse

2000 TJ 4 cyl.
Heater only.
Blowing #8 fuse (fuse for heater control, blend door actuator,& fan relay)
When I replace the fuse, the heater and fan will run for a while then after a few minutes the fuse will blow.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2009, 07:59 AM
SirGCal
RIP

Check behind your control panel...

Fixing Fault in TJ's Wiring for AC Control

That might not be your problem but, you're overdue for that failure and it's an easy check.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Danbert
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Right on. I will check that out. Thanks! Although I will point out that while I was replacing the stereo, I pulled the panel and did a hands on and visual check of the control panel. I was looking for heat stress to the plastic or any type of visible failure. (at the time the heater wasn't working at all and the owner thought he changed the fuse out for a good one.) Silly me for not verifying .
I will definitely put this upgrade on the to do list as I like to know anything I ride in is safe.
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Danbert; 10-16-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.