KC lights relays buzzing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > KC lights relays buzzing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
sprucelk17

KC lights relays buzzing

I recently was driving down the road and turned on my 4 KC lights (2 long range, and 2 driving. All mounted on light bar. 2 seperate circuits, switchs, and relays) and noticed they didn't turn on! I also later noticed that one of the lights lenses was shattered (not sure if relevant). I knew that my battery terminals were very corroded and giving me trouble starting sometimes so I thought maybe they were too corroded to give the lights power (lights are wired directly to battery). I also have 2 more KC lights on the bumper that are also wired to the battery but work fine. So today I cleaned the battery terminals. When I put it all back together I went to turn on the 4 lights and both relays just buzzed! They probably did it before too when i was driving but I didn't hear it. What could be a reason for BOTH relays to be buzzing??

sprucelk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Perhaps the current is reversed inside, or water got inside, or perhaps the magnet has a short inside. All a relay is is an electromagnet, and they can fail from weathering. Have you tried to substitute another relay to double check?
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.