Perhaps the current is reversed inside, or water got inside, or perhaps the magnet has a short inside. All a relay is is an electromagnet, and they can fail from weathering. Have you tried to substitute another relay to double check?
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/another-5-2l-yj-thread-1503048/"]My 5.2L Build thread[/URL]
-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."