KC Headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > KC Headlights

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Madden_07
2006 TJ Wrangler 

KC Headlights

Hey guys, I have an 06 TJ that's in desperate need of a headlight upgrade and as much as I would love to get some JW Speakers I can't quite justify spending that much money on them lol. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these KC's I found, I figure anything will be better than what I have now. I've already done some research into the Hella E-Codes as well and figured I'd rather just play it safe and stick with DOT approved lights.

Any feedback would be great!

Unread 04-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
CrustySprings
1985 CJ7 

I used this:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_500_07.htm

These have glass lenses and aluminum reflectors so you don't have to worry about melting plastic lights like KC's.

Also I used this wiring harness. It has two relays and ceramic connectors so heat won't damage them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370658138040

This setup works great and was easy to install.
258 cu. inch six, Team Rush ignition upgrade, T5, Dana 300, Superwinch lockouts, Black Diamond 3" suspension lift, greasable shackles, poly bushings, JKS quick discos, 32x11.50x15 Cooper STT's, American Racing 23 15x8 alloys, Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio, 2' adjustable tip Firestick antenna, Viair 460 onboard air system
CrustySprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Buy 100% glass E-Code H-4 headlamps, and upgrade the wire harness. Any headlamps that are plastic, or look car-show cool, will perform poorly. Unless you need DOT approved headlamps to pass state vehicle inspections, they should be avoided.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Needalife
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have those headlights (KC's) and they are better than stock. Pretty much plug them and and adjust.

For DOT approved they work good and are brighter than stock.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.