KC Daylighter Covers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > KC Daylighter Covers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
KP_1000orTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

KC Daylighter Covers

I have a set of 4 Daylighters on a light bar right now with the hard plastic smiley face covers. I hate having to take them off but the stone guards are way too expensive for all they are. Anybody know where I could pick some up cheap? Or are there other options I'm not finding?

KP_1000orTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
chopstix333
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thought about the soft covers? I have them on my Jeep also covering daylighters. It's a breeze to remove and if I remember, pretty cheap! Check 4 wheel parts, that's where i got mine.
'98 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L | 4" Pro Comp Lift | 33x12.5x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers | Two 10" Polk Audio Subwoofers | 2 Amps (800w Eclipse and Alpine MRP-1000 Mono) | Kenwood Head Unit | Ham Radio w/ Comet SBB-7 Antenna (Call Sign: KK4BUE) |CB Radio | Hella Vision Plus Conversion with 50w 6k HID bulbs | Lotta Lights |
chopstix333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah but the soft covers are a PIA to put back on. I vaguely remember seeing aftermarket rock guards out there, but you might have to nut up and get the KC ones.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
KP_1000orTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Yeah but the soft covers are a PIA to put back on. I vaguely remember seeing aftermarket rock guards out there, but you might have to nut up and get the KC ones.
Yeah, that's what I am starting to think. Next time I need to flick them on for a quick 15 minutes I'll justify the $60 for the set.
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Dickpalmer

I've seen them at Pep Boys for cheap right after I bought mine from 4WD.
Dickpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

$50 to protect your light isn't bad..
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
KP_1000orTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just seems like a lot for bits of plastic. Well, I guess when there aren't any other options they can charge what they want.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.