just installed RB1, have a question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > just installed RB1, have a question

Halloween Savings to die for!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
bdameron

just installed RB1, have a question

i just installed my RB1 with no flaws, my question is that i have the infinity system and the RB1 is a newer one so its supposed to have the circurty to turn on the factory infinity amp, i have sound and it still sounds fine but the bass is differnt, question is is it bypassing the amp somehow or is it working, how can i check? the amp isnt getting warm at all but like i said it is all working as it should, i would think since its running thru the amp and i have sound that it is working or else i would have no sound, help please

bdameron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
20minToRockies
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Your amp runs all your speakers so if they work, the amp is working.

Every head unit will have different EQ settings. Please tell me you have at least played with your EQ to get the bass right.
20minToRockies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
bdameron

i have adusted the bass and treble control if thats what ur calling eq settings unless im missing something or havent found an eg screen yet
Unread 02-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

After I installed my RB1 I found I had to actually turn down the bass (no Infinity system but I do have the 7 speaker system in my LJ), you didn't say if you think it has more or less bass but that's what I noticed on mine... I have never heard of "newer" RB1s having any different sort of functionality either.

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
bdameron

the bass is differnt, mayb not as much differnt tone and the newer RB1s are able to turn the amp on supposivly, the newer part numbers i mean P/N 56038629AB
P/N 56038629AC
P/N 56038629AD
P/N 56038629AE

(Note: The above radios are not compatible in vehicles having the factory Premium sound system, they do not have the circuitry to trigger the external amplifier)

P/N 56038629AG
P/N 56038629AH*
P/N 56038629AI*

(*Compatible with Chrysler's iPod kit)
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #6
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Interesting, I haven't heard of any not being compatible with the ipod adapter, also I wonder about some not being able to turn on the amp because I believe there's an amp for the sub in my center console (I have an older model RB1)

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.