Jeep Sub? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Jeep Sub?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 10-11-2002, 12:11 PM   #1
Steveqvs

Jeep Sub?

Has anyone tried this sub in a jeep? I was wondering if i could get it under the drivers seat or somewere else without giving up much space but gaining better sound with my stock cd player.
Its called a Basslink http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/hot_news.asp

Softop Deep Tint Windows
Mostly Stock
Garage Remote Mod
YJM #4
Steveqvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 07:27 AM   #2
eltj

There okay but dont expect to much from it. Your not going to get a sub under the seat of a tj so you might consider other options. Look at a good free air 10 and put in a well sealed add a trunk. That will alow you to mount it without a box and take up little room in the back.
eltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 08:03 AM   #3
GASPEDDLER

maybe this will help you.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...878#post123878
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 10:50 AM   #4
thecarman

I have gotten an 8 inch JL Sub in the back of my jeep. fits just fine. Then the amp is under the rear seat.
Unread 10-13-2002, 11:14 AM   #5
Steveqvs

I'm a little short on space as I have the factory add a trunk behind the back seat. I looked at the other thread and did see someone mentioned a sub that mounts under the dash.... that sounds interesting.
Softop Deep Tint Windows
Mostly Stock
Garage Remote Mod
YJM #4
Steveqvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 07:49 PM   #6
jmeyer722

what i did and am very pleased with is raised my backseat 4", built a custom box, and put 2 Rockford Fosgate 8" in it. i placed my amp under the drivers seat. if you want i will email you some pics. let me know
1995 Jeep Wrangle Rio Grande, 4" Superlift, 32x11.5x15 BFG Mud Terrain on American Racing AR-136 Wheels, Pioneer CD Player, 12 Disc Pioneer Cd Changer, 2 8" Rockford Fosgate Subs mounted under back seat, Punch 100 amp under drivers seat, Factory hard top w/full doors, Factory soft top w/half doors, Bikini top, Duster cover, K&N filter,...More to come
jmeyer722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 09:03 PM   #7
FloridaXJ

I know this is kinda pushin it, but its the type of installs I used to do for 8 years. check out the jeep at WWW.jlaudio.com. If memory serves me right there isnt anything under th jeep below the rear seat. They cut a square out of the floor and dropped a box down in it. If you only went 3 inches below and 2 above you can easily fit 2 or 3 10s under the back seat. Rino line the box on the under side of the jeep.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.