Jeep Stereo help - I'm a newbie ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Jeep Stereo help - I'm a newbie !

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
Jeefery
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Stereo help - I'm a newbie !

Hi there, this is my first time on Jeep forum...Hello out there !

I just removed the stock stereo deck out of my 2002 Jeep TJ Sahara
as some of you might know this jeep came with a subwoofer in the center
console/armrest. I just replaced it with a nice kenwood stereo to play some mp3 and others but guess what...the subwoofer does not work now. I love the sound of the stock radio/ cd player, but it just didn't play any discs I had and now I have some input jacks and a usb hub. but what made this stereo is the sub...I just doesn't sound as good as the old stock on. If I could get the sub working again - it would be AWSOME !

Anyone have any advise or suggestions ?

Jeefery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Moved to Electrical, Audio, GPS, and 2-Way Radio Forum.

The forum you posted in (JeepForum Announcements & Comments) is for questions about and help with the forum.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
WJefy
2004 WJ 

Make sure you hooked up the blue/white wire from the Kenwood to the blue/white wire from the wiring adaptor. That is the turn-on signal to your factory subwoofer amp.
WJefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
JPNinPA
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check crutchfield for a direct adapter to connect the radio to the sub. Have you upgraded speakers from stock? This will also improve the sound.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.