Jeep electrical going haywire - Driving me crazy! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Jeep electrical going haywire - Driving me crazy!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 06-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
kpo500
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep electrical going haywire - Driving me crazy!

I bought my jeep about 6 weeks ago used and it showed no signs of problems and I have experienced nothing but problems since.
-First the 4 wheel drive light stayed on after I engaged it and when I pulled it out of 4x4. It goes off when I put it in 4 high and turns on in low and in 2wd.
-Next I got a cylinder 6 missfire code and the jeep would stall out sometimes
-Then the jeep would not start every once in a while, I would turn the key off, wait 15 seconds and then it would start.
-I brought it to the dealer and they said the 4 connectors to the computer were bad. I drove down there and sure enough, none of them would lock in so I paid to have them all replaced. When they got into it they noticed that battery acid had eaten through a bunch of the wires so they spliced all of the bad ones. $1250 later I got my jeep back.
-The no start issue was resolved but it will still stall out sometimes, idle is not the best and cylinder 6 fuel injector says it isn't communicating. I think it is code 206.
-I noticed that when I put the jeep in gear it activates the locker compressors near the transfer case. They disengage when I take it out of gear.
-The AC compressor runs all the time. Not the fan, just the AC compressor.
-This morning I replaced the number 6 fuel injector and same thing. While I was doing this I found several of the wires feeding the injectors are frayed and missing insulation. I separated all of them and temporarily taped them. Same problems
-Forgot to mention. I replaced the computer too

Any ideas? Maybe a ground issue somewhere?

Thanks,

Keith

Last edited by kpo500; 06-23-2013 at 07:18 PM..
kpo500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.