Jeep electrical going haywire - Driving me crazy! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Jeep electrical going haywire - Driving me crazy!

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 06-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
kpo500
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep electrical going haywire - Driving me crazy!

I bought my jeep about 6 weeks ago used and it showed no signs of problems and I have experienced nothing but problems since.
-First the 4 wheel drive light stayed on after I engaged it and when I pulled it out of 4x4. It goes off when I put it in 4 high and turns on in low and in 2wd.
-Next I got a cylinder 6 missfire code and the jeep would stall out sometimes
-Then the jeep would not start every once in a while, I would turn the key off, wait 15 seconds and then it would start.
-I brought it to the dealer and they said the 4 connectors to the computer were bad. I drove down there and sure enough, none of them would lock in so I paid to have them all replaced. When they got into it they noticed that battery acid had eaten through a bunch of the wires so they spliced all of the bad ones. $1250 later I got my jeep back.
-The no start issue was resolved but it will still stall out sometimes, idle is not the best and cylinder 6 fuel injector says it isn't communicating. I think it is code 206.
-I noticed that when I put the jeep in gear it activates the locker compressors near the transfer case. They disengage when I take it out of gear.
-The AC compressor runs all the time. Not the fan, just the AC compressor.
-This morning I replaced the number 6 fuel injector and same thing. While I was doing this I found several of the wires feeding the injectors are frayed and missing insulation. I separated all of them and temporarily taped them. Same problems
-Forgot to mention. I replaced the computer too

Any ideas? Maybe a ground issue somewhere?

Thanks,

Keith

Last edited by kpo500; 06-23-2013 at 07:18 PM..
kpo500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.