Jeep Compass 2011 Battery Drained - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Jeep Compass 2011 Battery Drained

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
jlek2012

Jeep Compass 2011 Battery Drained

Hi everyone.
I need your help!

I bought a Jeep Compass Limited 70th Anniversary in Chile that has a factory flaw which, official dealer has been unable to repair. Succinctly, the Jeep has an ignition problem and the battery has been replaced 3 times in 5 months of use.
The car failed for the first time with 140kms only 7 days after its purchase in August. The car did not start even though no accessory or lights where left on as suggested by the dealer. The dealer changed my battery. In October, with 1400kms the same defect occurred and Jeep dealer completely checked the car for 10 days determining that there was no abnormal battery consumption. They proceed to change it again mentioning that the battery batch could have had a failure. On December 24th, the car again does not start and the battery is completely drained. The dealer does not know or is not able determine the cause of the automobile electrical system failure. The pattern of total discharge of the battery is every 2 months (August, October and December).

Anybody have a clue of what's the problem?

Thanks!

jlek2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
caro
2012 MK Compass 

hola, tambien soy de chile y me pasa lo mismo no respondio la concesionaria, no se si tu encontraste alguna solucion al problema a mi me dijeron que podia ser la caja de fusibles pero tiene otro nombre que no recuerdo , se supone que pasa toda la corriente del auto por ahi y esa estaria fallando, espero tu respuesta saludos
caro is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.