iPod input adapter - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > iPod input adapter

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
smccollamjr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've got the PAC in my Silverado and really like it. That is, until we upgraded my wife to an iPhone5 and I got a new iTouch and the connector won't fit.

SOLD-'96 XJ, Build Thread: http://www.jeepinwv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6523
smccollamjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #17
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey50 View Post
On ebay... A guy installs a plug in aux on jeep radios so u can just plug in an iPod to the front of your factory radio and listen away... 1Factoryradio is the seller store... The radio is tested works and has a warranty for 125.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2006-Je...item2323f3c63d
Reading thru the ebay store, it seems he is the one installing the aux plugs. I have sent him a message inquiring if I were to send him my unit, if he'd install the Aux input in the unit I already have and send it back to me. Also inquired about cost, shipping to HI, etc. I'll let everyone know what I come up with. Thanks for the input.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Bringing this thread back to life, the story isn't over. However, another tour in the desert intervened which is now over, and I have made a change of plans somewhat. No one was able to convert or adapt my version of stereo unit to what I wanted so Crutchfield sent me a new stereo, nothing-special Kenwood. It has various adaptors and wiring harness stuff with it to adapt it to my existing wiring and plug into the back of the new Kenwood.

The question now is, can anyone tell me the function of the small connector wiring harness on the back of my factory unit? There are two connectors, one is a gray 22 way connector with 16 wires and I know that to provide constant and switched power, ground, various speakers, amp, etc. I found it in the wiring diagram from my FSM The issue is the "other" connector with 2 banks of 5 wires each--10 pin connector. What does this one do? I suppose if what I am asking makes no sense, I can come up with some photos. There is no provision for it/need for it with the new unit, I'm just trying to figure out what this was for, what it did. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Quote:
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #19
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The 10 pin connector is for a cd changer/satellite radio. It is also where the factory/aftermarket iPod interface devices would plug in.

Jay
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Jay, I spent time going thru my FSM but could not find that listed. I looked at every 10 pin connector in the diagrams and couldn't find it, read thru the audio/video section, and there is no mention of it. I'll get on with my install. Thanks for the fast input.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #21
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You're welcome, Opihi59.

What Kenwood unit did you end up with? I have a KDC-X993 that is a little outdated, but still a nice unit.

Jay
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #22
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I don't believe this is what most audiophiles would refer to as a "kickin' unit," it's just a basic unit that didn't break my kid's budget much. Acoustics in a Jeep aren't really all that great ennyhoo even with a multi thousand dollar unit. It is a KDC-X597 if that tells you anything at all. Not sure of the specs as the kid has the book now playing with it, but it has iPod/iPhone connector and USB on the face, Bluetooth, SiriusXM, pandora, etc. I think it will meet the basic needs.
We're trying to get it all buttoned up and back together tonite as I need that space on the apron to do a clutch tomorrow.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #23
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not a bad unit, at all. Better than the KDC-X591 I had previously installed in my Jeep. I hope you (and your kids) enjoy your purchase.

Jay
Unread 09-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #24
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Close-out thread followup: Kid is very happy with his new unit, it sounds good enough for him to be pleased with it, and he really likes being able to plug in his iPod etc for his own private selection of eclectic music. Thank you for all your help and advice.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 09-06-2013, 01:25 AM   #25
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Close-out thread followup: Kid is very happy with his new unit, it sounds good enough for him to be pleased with it, and he really likes being able to plug in his iPod etc for his own private selection of eclectic music. Thank you for all your help and advice.
Glad to hear you are happy with the purchase!

Jay

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.