JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/)
-   -   Interior Light Problem (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/interior-light-problem-1706066/)

maxgee 10-21-2013 01:17 AM

Interior Light Problem

Today I was trying to install a switch for some lighting in the footwell of my car and in the process I messed up some of my interior lighting. The problem that occurred is that all of my interior lighting besides the two front door lights have stopped working. The dash lights still work, the lights that don't work are the footwell and overhead/dome lights in the whole car. I have a 1999 Grand Cherokee (WJ) it is a V8 Limited also if that helps. I tried looking at the fuse box in slot 7 and the fuse looks fine and I have tried putting a new fuse in and have had the same results.

PLEASE HELP!:confused:

kjg26 10-21-2013 12:57 PM

Did you cut any wires during your install? If so, that's where id start

maxgee 10-21-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjg26
Did you cut any wires during your install? If so, that's where id start

I didn't cut any that would affect all of the interior lights of the car.

kjg26 10-21-2013 01:05 PM

Just saying that's were I'd start. Maybe cut or knocked free a ground that was common.

Psycho-X-Jeep 10-21-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxgee (Post 17011530)
Today I was trying to install a switch for some lighting in the footwell of my car and in the process I messed up some of my interior lighting. The problem that occurred is that all of my interior lighting besides the two front door lights have stopped working. The dash lights still work, the lights that don't work are the footwell and overhead/dome lights in the whole car. I have a 1999 Grand Cherokee (WJ) it is a V8 Limited also if that helps. I tried looking at the fuse box in slot 7 and the fuse looks fine and I have tried putting a new fuse in and have had the same results.

PLEASE HELP!:confused:

Did you completely cut ANY wires in the process of installing the switch (Not just wires that are applicable to lighting)? Remove the newly installed wiring, ensure all factory wiring is intact, and see if everything goes back to normal. If so, you did something funky with the installation. If not, you have a bit of a larger issue.

maxgee 10-21-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-X-Jeep
Did you completely cut ANY wires in the process of installing the switch (Not just wires that are applicable to lighting)? Remove the newly installed wiring, ensure all factory wiring is intact, and see if everything goes back to normal. If so, you did something funky with the installation. If not, you have a bit of a larger issue.

I cut one wire off of the power outlet but after the lights stopped working I put it back together and it still did not work.

maxgee 10-23-2013 09:59 PM

FIXED THE PROBLEM! I was looking at the wrong fuse it was #8 instead of 7. LIGHTS WORK!! :)

The time now is 08:55 AM.