Installing subwoofer in center console - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Installing subwoofer in center console

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #1
justacrawlin
2013 WK 

Installing subwoofer in center console

I about ready to purchase a 03 Wrangler Sport, but it does not have the 7 speaker option. Does anyone know if the center console is already capable (without much cutting drilling, etc) to mount a subwoofer? Also, there are 4 speackers std on this model. Where are the other two? I guess, what I am really asking is how much of a pain is it to upgrade the speaker system so that it is comparable to the stock system with 7 speakers?

justacrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2003, 02:43 PM   #2
ninjajeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think we have the 7 speaker option. I think the Wrangler only has up to 5 speakers (2 in the lower dash, 2 in the sound bar and the sub in the console) Thats what I have.
My brother has the same console that I have, minus the subwoofer (his console still has the subwoofer vent) so I assume you can just add the sub to your current system. My .02 cents
Unread 03-11-2003, 02:50 PM   #3
jeeptrills

I have the CD/sub option on mine and when I was looking around before I bought this one, the one's without the sub had a much deeper console storage compartment, I could be wrong.
Unread 03-11-2003, 02:50 PM   #4
ldogg

Jeep does call it the 7-speaker option...
perhaps in the dash they use the 4x6 plate instead of the 4x6 speaker??
ldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2003, 02:52 PM   #5
ninjajeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by jeeptrills
I have the CD/sub option on mine and when I was looking around before I bought this one, the one's without the sub had a much deeper console storage compartment, I could be wrong.
Yea I have the CD/sub system you have. The reason the compartment is deeper (in consoles w/o subs) is because there is no sub in the bottom. That is the same way my brother's console is.
Unread 03-11-2003, 09:11 PM   #6
Tango

Quote:
Originally posted by ninjajeep
I don't think we have the 7 speaker option. I think the Wrangler only has up to 5 speakers (2 in the lower dash, 2 in the sound bar and the sub in the console)
My buddy has the seven speaker option 2 in the front dash,1 sub in the console,and 4 in the sound bar (its the two reg, speakers and like two small tweeters)

I have just the four 2 front dash , and 2 soundbar and his sounds a lot better then mine ...so I to am thinking about adding a Sub to the console.......should get about 6-8 more horsepower off of it

Brian
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 12:07 PM   #7
davetutk

YOu have to build a box to hold the sub and that is what goes inplace of the big hold in the center consol. to put one in on a jeep that it does not come factory you have to get a box to hold the sub in there or build one. There is a write up of it some where when i find it i will post it here.
Unread 03-20-2003, 05:58 PM   #8
Bucket110

i know there is pictures of how to build a box that will fit inside the center console on the radio forum...look there.

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/2k2blktj]My Jeep[/URL]
Bucket110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 09:13 AM   #9
ldogg

if you don't want to go through the hassle then just buy an OEM center console with subwoofer option... I think it's like $120... then you put your own speaker into it...
ldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 11:44 AM   #10
SirGCal

Here is a long thread started by idogg about doing a sub in the console and other options of stealth bass.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=31365

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.