Input on a powered sub (Sound Ordnance B-8PTD) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Input on a powered sub (Sound Ordnance B-8PTD)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 12-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Input on a powered sub (Sound Ordnance B-8PTD)

I am not looking to break windows, rattle my fillings out, or make teens look at me... Just need to add some sorely needed base to my 1995 YJ. I have the stock soundbar with some Polk Audio's as well as a set in the dash, but need to fill it out. Putting a box in the back is out of the question, and I don't really want to build a box into my back seat. My though was to build a tray out of metal that will mount to the drivers side seat risers and either hold the amp facing up, or facing down. (another question that I have is which would be better)

If I hang the sub facing down, I can design the tray to shed water and leave the airspace under the seat intact. Facing upwards will look nicer and the controls will be in the correct position. From what I understand a sub is a bit louder facing away from you though, and the water shedding ability alone is enough to make me design the mount as a tray to protect it.

With this said, it looks like the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD would be the best sub for the money... Any thoughts?

Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
ownTer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not to sure about the sub you are looking at. But i think you answered your own question. Water shedding and better sound pointing down towards the floor.
ownTer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
REF_NJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

sound ordnance B-8ptd

Not sure if you went through with the purchase / install of the B-8ptd sub, but I installed it today and I'm VERY happy! It's literally night and day. Absolutely worth every penny. As you mentioned, you can simply install it under one of your front seats or (if you have a back seat) under the back seat. I installed it in my center console.

If you're still on the fence about this thing, I suggest you look no further and get on it. This is does what you describe and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefyter-Emt View Post
I am not looking to break windows, rattle my fillings out, or make teens look at me... Just need to add some sorely needed base to my 1995 YJ. I have the stock soundbar with some Polk Audio's as well as a set in the dash, but need to fill it out. Putting a box in the back is out of the question, and I don't really want to build a box into my back seat. My though was to build a tray out of metal that will mount to the drivers side seat risers and either hold the amp facing up, or facing down. (another question that I have is which would be better)

If I hang the sub facing down, I can design the tray to shed water and leave the airspace under the seat intact. Facing upwards will look nicer and the controls will be in the correct position. From what I understand a sub is a bit louder facing away from you though, and the water shedding ability alone is enough to make me design the mount as a tray to protect it.

With this said, it looks like the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD would be the best sub for the money... Any thoughts?
REF_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.